Free Churchill Downs Picks for today
Exacta boxes have been our best return investment.
Saturday Race 3
Post: 1:43 PM ET Turf
1 Mile | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up | MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT | Purse: $95,000 Daily Double / Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Pick 3 (Races 3-4-5)
- # PP ODDS Horse Jockey Weight Trainer Claim $ Med.
- 1 1 ML 15-1 Don’t Forget C. Lanerie 116 Lbs D. Von Hemel L
- 2 2 ML 15-1 Candizar M. Mena 116 Lbs W. Hawley L
- 3 3 ML 7-2 Red Sorrell G. Saez 116 Lbs M. Maker L
- 4 4 ML 4-1 He’s Stylish F. Geroux 122 Lbs P. D’Amato L
- 5 5 ML 5-1 Martial Eagle R. Bejarano 116 Lbs W. Mott L
- 6 6 ML 5-1 World Tax War (IRE) J. Graham 122 Lbs C. Murphy L
- 7 7 ML 6-1 Queen’s Mason B. Hernandez, Jr. 116 Lbs M. Tomlinson L
- 8 8 ML 30-1 Intoxicating C. Hill 116 Lbs M. Dilger L
- 9 9 ML 12-1 Roughin the City C. Landeros 116 Lbs J. Deegan L
- 10 10 ML 15-1 Tell Your Daddy A. Beschizza 116 Lbs N. Pessin L
- 11 11 ML 12-1 Moody Jim (IRE) T. Baze 116 Lbs J. Mullins L
- 12 12 ML 15-1 Echelon T. Gaffalione 116 Lbs B. Walsh L
- 13 A ML 6-1 Sandy Lane Kitten T. Gaffalione 122 Lbs D. Gargan L
- 14 A ML 6-1 Cha Vez A. Beschizza 116 Lbs I. Correas, IV L
- 15 A ML 12-1 Free Ride Mulhall D. Cohen 116 Lbs D. Romans L
- 16 A ML 30-1 Private Boone J. Rodriguez 115 Lbs E. Tadeo L
- Equipment Changes: 9 Roughin the City – Blk-Off13 Sandy Lane Kitten – Blk-On
Selections 4-6-5-3 (2 stars)
#4 He’s Stylish– fast four year old has 2 seconds and 3 thirds sprinting. He stretches out to a mile today which will put him on an easy early lead. We look for a wire to wire score at a decent price.
Race 5 Thursday
Post: 6:56 PM ET Dirt
1 Mile | Fillies | 3 Year Olds | ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING: $75,000 | Purse: $97,000 Daily Double / Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Pick 3 (Races 5-6-7) Pick 4 (Races 5-6-7-8)
- # PP ODDS Horse Jockey Weight Trainer Claim $ Med.
- 1 1 ML 8-1 Jo Marie J. Court 118 Lbs W. Fires L
- 2 2 ML 4-1 Demimondaine R. Santana, Jr. 122 Lbs S. Asmussen L
- 3 3 ML 20-1 Carina R. Albarado 118 Lbs P. Huffman L
- 4 4 ML 8-1 Social Circle C. Lanerie 118 Lbs P. Sims $75,000 L
- 5 5 ML 15-1 Agi’s Cait S. Bridgmohan 118 Lbs M. Campbell L
- 6 6 ML 10-1 Net E. Morales 118 Lbs G. Arnold, II L
- 7 7 ML 5-2 Grandezza T. Gaffalione 118 Lbs D. Stewart L
- 8 8 ML 8-1 Khairiya T. Baze 118 Lbs P. D’Amato $75,000 L
- 9 9 ML 6-1 Kim K J. Graham 118 Lbs P. Miller L
- 10 10 ML 12-1 Fun Paddy B. Hernandez, Jr. 118 Lbs T. Glyshaw L
- 11 11 ML 12-1 Arch Avenue M. Mena 122 Lbs J. Barkley $75,000 L
Churchill Downs Picks 4-7-8-9 (2 stars)
#4 Social Circle– beat up on maidens at Keeneland drawing off to win by 8 then missed by less than a length here last out to a repeat winner. She gets CD leading rider Lanerie and that always helps.
Free Saratoga Picks Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on email Email Free Saratoga Picks for Wednesday Race 9 Post: 5:45 PM ET Turf 5 1/2 Furlongs | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up | ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING : $62,500 | Purse: $95,000 Exacta, Trifecta (.50), Super (.10), Double Wagers # PP ODDS Horse Jockey Weight Trainer Claim $ Med. 1 1 ML 5-1 Pastime J. Castellano 122 Lbs V. Oliver L 2 2 ML 15-1 Victorias Fire K. Gomez 124 Lbs M. Sabine $62,500 L 3 M ML 5-2 Leah’s Dream M. Franco
Free Del Mar Picks Race 6 Wednesday Post: 7:37 PM ET Dirt Cougar II H. 1 1/2 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up | G3 STAKES | Purse: $100,000 $1 Exacta / $2 Quinella / 50 cent Trifecta $2 Double / $1 Superfecta (10 cent min) / $2 WPS Parlay # PP ODDS Horse Jockey Weight Trainer Claim $ Med. 98 Premium Forest S. . Forest Command – Saturday Premium | Any Given Saturday 2 1 ML 7-2 Itsinthepost (FR) D. Van Dyke 121 Lbs J. Mullins L 3 2 ML 10-1 Zestful A. Cedillo 115 Lbs M.
Free Ellis Park Picks for Today NOTE: DUE TO THE EXTREME HEAT ELLIS PARK HAS CANCELED LIVE RACING FOR TODAY $25 Risk-Free Bet Haven’t placed a bet in our Racebook yet? Here’s 25 good reasons to start: we’ll give you a free $25 horse racing bet. Make your first wager and if it doesn’t win, we’ll reimburse you with a free play up to $25. What are you waiting for? Start cashing-in on the horses today. Click Here Note Exacta boxes have been our best return on investment. Previous Free Ellis Park Picks Race 9 Post: 5:40 PM ET Turf
Betting on horse racing is just as historic as the sport of horse racing itself. From ancient civilizations across the world to the betting windows at Churchill Downs, the desire to bet on the horse that is fastest on a set course at a set distance has remain unchanged. Read on for beginner tips to help you bet at Churchill Downs.
Betting on horse racing can be fun and easy. There are several different wagers offered each race, but these are the three most basic:
- The first is a “win” wager. Betting a horse to win is just as fun as it sounds – the horse must win the race in order for you to win the wager.
- Next, is a “place” wager. This is betting on a horse to finish in the top 2. You win the wager if your horse finishes first or second.
- Betting a horse to “show” means selecting a horse who you think will finish in the top 3. You win the wager if your horse finishes first, second, or third.
Because of the difficulty of a win wager, it will yield the highest payoff of these three wagers. A show wager will yield the lowest payoff but offers the greatest chance of winning.
The minimum bet for a win, place or show wager is only $2.
If you’ve mastered the art of win, place and show wagers, try an exacta. An exacta is more difficult than win, place and show wagers, but yields a higher payout. You bet an exacta by selecting a minimum two horses to finish first and second. These horses must finish first and second, in that order, for you to win the wager.
If picking two horses in order sounds too difficult, you can “box” your wager. A boxed wager will win if your horses finish 1st and 2nd, in any order, making it more likely for you to win.
The minimum bet for an exacta or exacta box wager is only $2.
If you’ve mastered the art of win, place and show wagers, try a trifecta. A trifecta is more difficult than win, place and show wagers, as well as exacta wagers, so it yields a higher payout than any of those bets.
You bet a trifecta by selecting a minimum three horses to finish first, second, and third. These horses must finish first, second, and third, in that exact order, for you to win the wager.
If picking three horses in order sounds too difficult you can “box” your wager. A boxed trifecta wager will win if your horses finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, in any order, making it more likely to win.
The minimum bet for a trifecta wager is only 50 cents and you can bet a trifecta box for as little as $3.
If you’re a beginning bettor you probably want to place your bets at a mutuel window with a live mutuel teller before using self-service betting machines and mobile applications. Here’s what you should do when you get to the betting window:
- Have your money in hand, so that once you’re at the counter, you’re ready to make your bet
- State the track’s name
- State the race number you are betting on
- State the amount of money you are betting
- Say the type of bet you are placing
- Finally, state the horse’s program number
It should sound something like this, “Churchill Downs, Race 11, $2 to win on #4.” After you’ve handed the teller your money, make sure you take your betting ticket and store it in a safe, or lucky, place. If your bet wins, you’ll need to return to the betting window and give the teller your ticket to collect your winnings.