Free Churchill Downs Picks for Sunday
Post: 2:45 PM ET Dirt
6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up | MAIDEN CLAIMING : $25,000 | Purse: $38,000 Daily Double / Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Pick 3 (Races 5-6-7) $.20 Single 6 Jackpot
- # PP ODDS Horse Jockey Weight Trainer Claim $ Med.
- 1 1 ML 7-2 Wrath M. Mena 120 Lbs B. Colebrook $30,000 L
- 2 2 ML 15-1 Superado J. Leparoux 120 Lbs I. Wilkes $30,000 L
- 3 3 ML 12-1 Trebulski R. Albarado 120 Lbs D. Stewart $30,000 L
- 4 4 ML 8-1 Kansas City Zip A. Canchari 122 Lbs B. Williamson $30,000 L
- 5 5 ML 15-1 Logan Pass A. Beschizza 122 Lbs L. Wiggins $30,000 L
- 6 6 ML 5-1 Deal Neal In G. Saez 120 Lbs W. Catalano $30,000 L
- 7 7 ML 8-1 Miracle Hill D. Carroll 113 Lbs R. Moquett $25,000 L
- 8 8 ML 15-1 Yabba Dabba Dude J. Graham 120 Lbs C. Silva $30,000 L
- 9 9 ML 9-2 Super Terrific C. Lanerie 122 Lbs P. McGee $30,000 L
- 10 10 ML 5-2 Greenspan T. Gaffalione 120 Lbs D. Fawkes $30,000
- Equipment Changes: 9 Super Terrific – Blk-Off
Churchill Picks 1-6-4-9 (2 stars)
#1 Wrath– dropped down to this same MCL 30k condition last out and showed speed while going a mile and running on the turf for the first time. He cuts back in distance, switches back to the main track, has the inside post and will be the one to catch.
Previous Free Churchill Downs Picks
Exacta boxes have been our best return investment.
Race 5 Thursday
Post: 6:56 PM ET Dirt
1 Mile | Fillies | 3 Year Olds | ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING: $75,000 | Purse: $97,000 Daily Double / Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Pick 3 (Races 5-6-7) Pick 4 (Races 5-6-7-8)
- # PP ODDS Horse Jockey Weight Trainer Claim $ Med.
- 1 1 ML 8-1 Jo Marie J. Court 118 Lbs W. Fires L
- 2 2 ML 4-1 Demimondaine R. Santana, Jr. 122 Lbs S. Asmussen L
- 3 3 ML 20-1 Carina R. Albarado 118 Lbs P. Huffman L
- 4 4 ML 8-1 Social Circle C. Lanerie 118 Lbs P. Sims $75,000 L
- 5 5 ML 15-1 Agi’s Cait S. Bridgmohan 118 Lbs M. Campbell L
- 6 6 ML 10-1 Net E. Morales 118 Lbs G. Arnold, II L
- 7 7 ML 5-2 Grandezza T. Gaffalione 118 Lbs D. Stewart L
- 8 8 ML 8-1 Khairiya T. Baze 118 Lbs P. D’Amato $75,000 L
- 9 9 ML 6-1 Kim K J. Graham 118 Lbs P. Miller L
- 10 10 ML 12-1 Fun Paddy B. Hernandez, Jr. 118 Lbs T. Glyshaw L
- 11 11 ML 12-1 Arch Avenue M. Mena 122 Lbs J. Barkley $75,000 L
Churchill Downs Picks 4-7-8-9 (2 stars)
#4 Social Circle– beat up on maidens at Keeneland drawing off to win by 8 then missed by less than a length here last out to a repeat winner. She gets CD leading rider Lanerie and that always helps.
Free Ellis Park Picks for Today $25 Risk-Free Bet Haven’t placed a bet in our Racebook yet? Here’s 25 good reasons to start: we’ll give you a free $25 horse racing bet. Make your first wager and if it doesn’t win, we’ll reimburse you with a free play up to $25. What are you waiting for? Start cashing-in on the horses today. Click Here RACING IN KENTUCKY HAS SWITCHED TO CHURCHILL DOWNS-OPENING DAY FRIDAY 9-13 Check our other free horse racing picks for today Free Belmont Park Picks Click hereFree Gulfstream Picks Click hereFree Churchill Downs Picks click hereFree Long
Betting on horse racing is just as historic as the sport of horse racing itself. From ancient civilizations across the world to the betting windows at Churchill Downs, the desire to bet on the horse that is fastest on a set course at a set distance has remain unchanged. Read on for beginner tips to help you bet at Churchill Downs.
Betting on horse racing can be fun and easy. There are several different wagers offered each race, but these are the three most basic:
- The first is a “win” wager. Betting a horse to win is just as fun as it sounds – the horse must win the race in order for you to win the wager.
- Next, is a “place” wager. This is betting on a horse to finish in the top 2. You win the wager if your horse finishes first or second.
- Betting a horse to “show” means selecting a horse who you think will finish in the top 3. You win the wager if your horse finishes first, second, or third.
Because of the difficulty of a win wager, it will yield the highest payoff of these three wagers. A show wager will yield the lowest payoff but offers the greatest chance of winning.
The minimum bet for a win, place or show wager is only $2.
If you’ve mastered the art of win, place and show wagers, try an exacta. An exacta is more difficult than win, place and show wagers, but yields a higher payout. You bet an exacta by selecting a minimum two horses to finish first and second. These horses must finish first and second, in that order, for you to win the wager.
If picking two horses in order sounds too difficult, you can “box” your wager. A boxed wager will win if your horses finish 1st and 2nd, in any order, making it more likely for you to win.
The minimum bet for an exacta or exacta box wager is only $2.
If you’ve mastered the art of win, place and show wagers, try a trifecta. A trifecta is more difficult than win, place and show wagers, as well as exacta wagers, so it yields a higher payout than any of those bets.
You bet a trifecta by selecting a minimum three horses to finish first, second, and third. These horses must finish first, second, and third, in that exact order, for you to win the wager.
If picking three horses in order sounds too difficult you can “box” your wager. A boxed trifecta wager will win if your horses finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, in any order, making it more likely to win.
The minimum bet for a trifecta wager is only 50 cents and you can bet a trifecta box for as little as $3.
If you’re a beginning bettor you probably want to place your bets at a mutuel window with a live mutuel teller before using self-service betting machines and mobile applications. Here’s what you should do when you get to the betting window:
- Have your money in hand, so that once you’re at the counter, you’re ready to make your bet
- State the track’s name
- State the race number you are betting on
- State the amount of money you are betting
- Say the type of bet you are placing
- Finally, state the horse’s program number
It should sound something like this, “Churchill Downs, Race 11, $2 to win on #4.” After you’ve handed the teller your money, make sure you take your betting ticket and store it in a safe, or lucky, place. If your bet wins, you’ll need to return to the betting window and give the teller your ticket to collect your winnings.